Recently went to the Hildene Meadows Craft Fair in Manchester, VT. What a beautiful drive along the river! If I were of a mind to make postcard photos of the state, that’s where I’d go. The fair was great but I was surprised to realize I was mostly inspired by the little town of Jamaica, VT. There’s a cool shop downtown that sells blown glass pieces. What I LOVED were the stained glass/blown glass leaded hanging window pieces. Bright, colorful, textural and roughly made, imprecise. Really great! I’ve been thinking about how I might create some mosaics based on that idea. Mosaic on windows with more of a 2-dimensional use of glass and found objects. I’m excited to experiment with this. I have to delay gratification for awhile though… Still working on commissions and trying to discipline myself to stay with it. It’s not hard really, it’s just the creative monkey mind wanting to play- everywhere! The point being, one never knows where inspiration will show up. We just stay open and pay attention and have fun!
- I just wrote a review on Power Dust yotpo.com/go/aIDGxWrh via @yotpo 2 days ago
- Let's tell the Dept of the Interior we want to preserve and protect our National Monuments! regulations.gov/document?D=DOI… 1 week ago
- Completing working on Vermont #EcclesiastesProject #Mosaic for #Earthship bathroom! #recycledstainedglass 1 week ago
- Back in my studio after a long school year and happy to have some time for my own work as well as this commission... fb.me/35YBx3lAl 2 weeks ago
- Grades K-4 worked hard at making mosaics to represent their town history. Students made drawings of buildings,... fb.me/55vgMGcgD 2 months ago
- architectural mosaic art artist artist residency arts market art walk backsplash back splashes broken china china china shards commission commissions commitment community community mosaic project concord conference crafts creative custom deerfield fair demonstration dragon fairs festivals food found objects frame fun garbage garden garden goddess inspiration inspired interior design kast hill studio kids library mosaic mosaic demonstration mosaics mosaic workshops mosiac mountains music new new blog new england new hampshire nh NH State Home Show outdoor sculpture photos pique assiette play pricing project recycled recycling residency school sculpture shows sketch spring stained glass studio summer teaching artists toadstools vermont wasteland winter workshops