Just wanted to share some thoughts about spring and such. I’ve been inspired by the piles of snow still lingering in our yard. Tucked in the corner of the barn and ell is an especially large one we affectionately call “Mt.Fuji” to honor our intention of building a japanese style garden there some day. We think it will work well as it will be primarily fine gravel and large stones for a zen style garden. In other words, it can tolerate a large dumping of snow/weight and not by any worse for the wear. But I digress… I love the various tints of white, blue, yellow and even rose as the light changes on this snow pile. Spring is all around in new shades of greens and yellows, yet here sits this pile of stubborn-ness. Anyway, I’m inspired by it and have found myself making all white mosaics in the form of 3-D mushrooms. I have a lot of white scraps in various tints with interesting cracks and raised patterns and I LOVE how they work together. The sculptural effect can’t be underestimated…
I also wanted to tell you how good Tai Chi and Yoga have been for me this past winter and now. So calming and grounding. Much needed in all this business. And fortunately, I AM busy!
So, if you’re looking for peace, try Tai Chi and Yoga, could be just the thing!
- NH Chronicle is coming here tomorrow to do a story on Kast Hill Studio and my work in schools! I'm so excited!... fb.me/6Lwu3daLu 1 week ago
- About to embark on another incredibly busy school year of artist in residency programs. I'm so excited for this... fb.me/6IwfgxhVa 3 weeks ago
- Kast Hill Studio is hosting a massive barn and yard sale this weekend; Sat. 8/19 & Sun. 8/20, 8-4 and 9-3.... fb.me/E9sPZZlt 1 month ago
- I just wrote a review on AdreCor 180c by NeuroScience yotpo.com/go/nQGdwYYp via @yotpo 1 month ago
- It's been awhile since I've posted anything... just taking a little break from school projects, ... some private... fb.me/8XSHzKLbL 1 month ago
- architectural mosaic art artist artist residency arts market art walk backsplash back splashes broken china china china shards commission commissions commitment community community mosaic project concord conference crafts creative custom deerfield fair demonstration dragon fairs festivals food found objects frame fun garbage garden garden goddess inspiration inspired interior design kast hill studio kids library mosaic mosaic demonstration mosaics mosaic workshops mosiac mountains music new new blog new england new hampshire nh NH State Home Show outdoor sculpture photos pique assiette play pricing project recycled recycling residency school sculpture shows sketch spring stained glass studio summer teaching artists toadstools vermont wasteland winter workshops