Workshops are filling fast and I’m excited for the upcoming “Mosaic Hearts” class. It’s a chance to try out a great new adhesive and create a project in one evening. The class only has 2 openings left, so if you’re thinking about it, email me soon! Also on the table is a commission of a slice of garden- dragonflies are the focus and I’m having fun with the materials, especially the irridescent bits for the wings. Who ever knew there were so many kinds of dragonflies in NH? Or that damselflies are of the same family- or is it species?!? I also learned that dragonflies do what’s called “obelisking”, when the summer sun is at it’s highest, they point their abdomens to the sky to expose the least amount directly to the sun, so staying cooler. Pretty interesting, I thought! This panel will be lifesize x2 or so- a close up view of dragonflies and habitat. It will hang outside on a garden wall. What a great project for this cold and strange winter! Next up, I’m preparing for the NH State Home Show, March 2, 3 and 4 at the Center of NH, Manchester. This is their 45th year and should be a huge event. There are hundreds of exhibitors. I’ll be doing a demonstration/creating a backsplash for a kitchen from recycled stained glass and china- my specialty! I’m excited to be a part of this huge show and am working at designing a killer booth. Hope you all will stop by and say hello. Not sure where I’ll be in the building yet, but you can find me in the directory there! After that, I’m planning on the same type of demo at the NH Made Expo also at the Center of NH on April 14 & 15. Depending on how large the crowd is, this may be a Community Mosaic Project that you can work on with me. I’m so happy to have so much to look forward to. It’s going to be a busy time and I feel very lucky to be doing what I love the most; introducing the art of mosaics to people every day. Hope to see you soon!
- NH Chronicle is coming here tomorrow to do a story on Kast Hill Studio and my work in schools! I'm so excited!... fb.me/6Lwu3daLu 1 week ago
- About to embark on another incredibly busy school year of artist in residency programs. I'm so excited for this... fb.me/6IwfgxhVa 3 weeks ago
- Kast Hill Studio is hosting a massive barn and yard sale this weekend; Sat. 8/19 & Sun. 8/20, 8-4 and 9-3.... fb.me/E9sPZZlt 1 month ago
- I just wrote a review on AdreCor 180c by NeuroScience yotpo.com/go/nQGdwYYp via @yotpo 1 month ago
- It's been awhile since I've posted anything... just taking a little break from school projects, ... some private... fb.me/8XSHzKLbL 1 month ago
- architectural mosaic art artist artist residency arts market art walk backsplash back splashes broken china china china shards commission commissions commitment community community mosaic project concord conference crafts creative custom deerfield fair demonstration dragon fairs festivals food found objects frame fun garbage garden garden goddess inspiration inspired interior design kast hill studio kids library mosaic mosaic demonstration mosaics mosaic workshops mosiac mountains music new new blog new england new hampshire nh NH State Home Show outdoor sculpture photos pique assiette play pricing project recycled recycling residency school sculpture shows sketch spring stained glass studio summer teaching artists toadstools vermont wasteland winter workshops