Are you thinking gardens? I am! Garden sculpture that is; concrete, rebar and buckets of broken china and stained glass just waiting to be put together to form something wonderful. I”ve been dreaming all winter of sculptures with colorful shining bits of reflective mirror and glass popping up out of the snow like some kind of other-worldly flower garden. As the last little bits of snow melt away,, I’m planning some big projects. Fantastical archways leading into paths strewn with smaller mosaic creatures peeping out from behind purple iris and bright yellow daffodils. Over sized found object mushroom stools tucked away under the pines. Fountains covered in every imaginable pattern of china, glass and colored mirror. So much to be done, I can hardly wait!
I’ll be busy this spring that’s for sure… An artist residency in an elementary school creating mosaic panels to help commemorate their town’s 250th anniversary, Arts on the Green for Mother’s Day with some of my glass on glass work, workshops at the Vermont Carving Studio, finishing up a compass rose project with a client in a private lesson…. so many wonderful projects!
I feel very lucky to be doing all that I am doing and loving every minute of it. I look forward to a busy and fun summer and hope to see you all. Stop by the studio- I’ll be out in the gardens!
- I just wrote a review on Power Dust yotpo.com/go/aIDGxWrh via @yotpo 2 days ago
- Let's tell the Dept of the Interior we want to preserve and protect our National Monuments! regulations.gov/document?D=DOI… 1 week ago
- Completing working on Vermont #EcclesiastesProject #Mosaic for #Earthship bathroom! #recycledstainedglass 1 week ago
- Back in my studio after a long school year and happy to have some time for my own work as well as this commission... fb.me/35YBx3lAl 2 weeks ago
- Grades K-4 worked hard at making mosaics to represent their town history. Students made drawings of buildings,... fb.me/55vgMGcgD 2 months ago
- architectural mosaic art artist artist residency arts market art walk backsplash back splashes broken china china china shards commission commissions commitment community community mosaic project concord conference crafts creative custom deerfield fair demonstration dragon fairs festivals food found objects frame fun garbage garden garden goddess inspiration inspired interior design kast hill studio kids library mosaic mosaic demonstration mosaics mosaic workshops mosiac mountains music new new blog new england new hampshire nh NH State Home Show outdoor sculpture photos pique assiette play pricing project recycled recycling residency school sculpture shows sketch spring stained glass studio summer teaching artists toadstools vermont wasteland winter workshops