Is it just me, or is everyone out there feeling caught off guard this fall? Well, here we are anyway and it really feels like fall today…leaves flying and frost edged basil! So it’s really gotten me in the mood to think about and post all my new Fall and Early Winter workshops today. I have some fun and interesting classes I’m planning so I hope you’ll check them out on my Workshop page. Many of you have requested the Glass on Glass workshop again so I’m offering four sessions. Come to all 4! Why not?!?
Other news, it’s been a great summer filled with festivals and classes that were fun and exhausting all at once! All in all, a very successful season with the exception of our micro-burst storm at Market Days. No one was hurt as it took place in the wee hours of the morning, but most of the tents and many displays were destroyed or badly damaged. Pretty scary, but we’re all here to “tell the tale” so that’s what counts!
Coming up this Fall are a couple of fun events; my Glass on Glass mosaics will be on display at the Hpkinton Historical Society “Tomorrow’s Masterpieces” exhibit opening with a champagne reception on Sept.28 from 5-7 pm. The show is up until Dec.7 and includes a great variety of local artists and craftspeople’s work. It’s a -be sure to see- show! http://www.hopkintonhistory.org
I’ll be participating once again in the NH Open Doors event sponsored by NH Made and the League of NH Craftsmen taking place on Sat. Nov.2 and Sun. Nov.3 each day from 9am until 3pm. Stop by and check out my latest work and watch a demonstration of “Pique Assiette” style mosaic making. This means I’ll be breaking china, safely of course! Oh! And there will probably be hot cider and locally made cider donuts too…http://nhopendoors.com
I’m working on a several artist in residency proposals for this school year along with some great commissions so I’ve got plenty to keep me busy. Please keep checking back as I’m sure to be adding more workshops as the season progresses.
Have a great Fall everyone and I hope to see you soon! Lizz
- NH Chronicle is coming here tomorrow to do a story on Kast Hill Studio and my work in schools! I'm so excited!... fb.me/6Lwu3daLu 1 week ago
- About to embark on another incredibly busy school year of artist in residency programs. I'm so excited for this... fb.me/6IwfgxhVa 3 weeks ago
- Kast Hill Studio is hosting a massive barn and yard sale this weekend; Sat. 8/19 & Sun. 8/20, 8-4 and 9-3.... fb.me/E9sPZZlt 1 month ago
- I just wrote a review on AdreCor 180c by NeuroScience yotpo.com/go/nQGdwYYp via @yotpo 1 month ago
- It's been awhile since I've posted anything... just taking a little break from school projects, ... some private... fb.me/8XSHzKLbL 1 month ago
- architectural mosaic art artist artist residency arts market art walk backsplash back splashes broken china china china shards commission commissions commitment community community mosaic project concord conference crafts creative custom deerfield fair demonstration dragon fairs festivals food found objects frame fun garbage garden garden goddess inspiration inspired interior design kast hill studio kids library mosaic mosaic demonstration mosaics mosaic workshops mosiac mountains music new new blog new england new hampshire nh NH State Home Show outdoor sculpture photos pique assiette play pricing project recycled recycling residency school sculpture shows sketch spring stained glass studio summer teaching artists toadstools vermont wasteland winter workshops